June 28th, 2022
Astrologically speaking, it’s been a chaotic and busy last few months, with Gemini sweeping us along into its fast paced, and somewhat frantic, energy patterns.
Moving into this slower, familiar and more rhythmic Cancer season can feel like the balm to the Soul for many of us, allowing us space for greater reflection as we lean into our family life, our homes and our primary relationships.
Cancer is the mother of the zodiac, and also the zodiac’s first water sign – making it the ultimate superpower of support and restoration. Nurturing, intuitive and empathetic, Cancer slows us down and emotionally mimics the slow and steady comings and goings of the waves as the ocean gently surges against us.
We can make a choice to lean into this rhythm and the invitation to slow down and go with the flow, or we can stand in the tide and try to control its patterning – it’s all up to you.
According to Astrologer David Odessey, “the first three signs of the zodiac — Aries, Taurus, and Gemini — awaken the calls of the body as the sensual world blooms after a long winter. But Cancer marks the arrival of the soul. Gemini season launches you out into a manic shuffle of experiences; Cancer collects those experiences and makes them into something more: a history, an identity, a story. This is the domain of the moon, Cancer’s ruler, which through its phases of birth and regeneration, enacts a cyclical saga, imparting lessons for the next monthly ragnarok.”
This is the perfect chance to cleanse and ground yourself into summer, feeding off the high vibes of the summer solstice.
We are once again in a “Camizi moon,” which is latin for “in the Heart of the Sun.” In the zodiac, the Sun represents power and strength, acting as a fierce magnifier of the energy that is already cursing around in The Universe. Although this moon will be largely considered to be a very strong and powerful moon in our yearly lunar cycle, so will your power to manifest and activate your goals and your dreams.
Finally, Cancer energy is all about home and the various forms it represents in our lives. Again, this new moon is that of “The Mother,” and this mothering energy flows into the type of physical home we create, the roles we play in our relationships with others and also the “home” we have built inside ourselves.
Your Physical Home:
- Does your home reflect your inner reality?
- Ask yourself, how does the energy of my home make me feel? Is it organized and tidy? Or is it chaotic and cluttered?
- Have I created spaces and systems which allow for reflection/ meditation, creativity and peaceful solitude? Have I created spaces of joy and playfulness, such as a children’s art wall or pictures of our family?
- Asking yourself, what is my “vibe” around cleaning and organization? Do I have good systems in place, or do I feel like I am just surviving the day? Do I find nourishment and pleasure in creating a supportive household for myself and my family, or do I use cleaning as an act of control and a display of my perfectionism?
- What can I do to make my home a more supportive and nourishing place for everyone, myself included?
A Home Within Yourself:
- Do I create time to connect with myself physically, emotionally, mentally and spiritually?
- Do I create ample time and opportunity for self care practices that nourish me, such as walking, meditation, leaning into my interests and hobbies, for creativity, for exploration and connecting with nature and those I love?
- Do I make commitments to myself (and see them through…) such as getting enough sleep, eating healthy foods, daily movement/ exercise practices, engaging practices to calm my nervous system, time spent in quiet reflection or solitude, eating regularly throughout the day, taking any vitamins, supplements or herbs that are supportive of my overall health and well-being?
- Am I keeping up with my self care and my appointments, medical and/or holistic? Have I been staying accountable to myself with all I need to organize and do to reach my wellness goals?
- Asking yourself, am I working towards bettering myself? Do I openly and willingly acknowledge my patterning, my trauma and the ways in which it is negatively impacting my life? Am I actively working towards proactive solutions and healing on the deepest of levels?
- Am I continually checking in and asking myself, “am I moving in alignment with myself? Am I living authentically?
Final Thought for The New Moon In Cancer:
“Allow yourself to be open and willing to explore how you show up at home, with others and with yourself, asking… What can I do better, and what do I need to release?
NEXT NEW MOON: JULY 28TH
Exciting Clinic Updates!
Coming to The Garden in September of 2022
The time has finally come!!!
This September, we will finally be unveiling our luxurious Cosmetic Acupuncture treatments, designed to bring you to a whole other level of zen… as well as leaving you with clear and glowing skin from the inside AND out.
Utilizing a multitude of treatment tools such as facial gua sha (specialized facial massage), facial cupping, clearing and lifting techniques, micro-needling for collagen production and plumping to smooth out fine lines and wrinkles, targeted laser therapy and LED light therapy, your skin will be nourished and radiant!
Also, as we know that healing comes from the inside out, you will still get a full-bodies acupuncture treatment targeted for your specific goals and needs.
AND YES, you can use your Acupuncture Insurance Benefits for these Services!
THE NEW WEBSITE IS FINALLY HERE
While our online booking site will remain the same, The Garden Acupuncture and Holistic Centre’s main website will be launched next month, and we couldn’t be more in love!
Built by our Marketing Manager and Tech Creatrix Angela Skaley of Woot Woot Digital @wootwootdigital, Angela is an artist and a business-savvy design specialist all in one. She is the brains behind all our website/ promotional design, creative marketing and tech services, and we would not be where we are without her!
With a fresh new look, smoother navigation, more up-to-date information and a library of inspiring blog posts, our new and improved website really captures how our little garden clinic has blossomed over these last two and a half years.
Having built our team of incredible and talented practitioners has allowed us to grow and incorporate so many unique and specialized treatments for our patients, and this process will only continue to evolve as time moves on.